As the winter chill fades away and the first signs of spring begin to emerge, many of us eagerly welcome the new warmth. However, for those who suffer from spring allergies, this time of year can bring a new set of challenges. Common spring allergens like pollen, dust, and mold can make indoor living uncomfortable and sometimes unbearable. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to combat these indoor allergy triggers.
Common Spring Allergens To Watch Out For
- Pollen is the most notorious springtime allergen. As plants begin to bloom and release pollen into the air, those with pollen allergies often experience sneezing, runny noses, itchy eyes, and congestion.
- TemperaturePro Tip: TemperaturePro has customizable Indoor Air Quality solutions that specifically target pollen and keep it outdoors, where it belongs. Changing your filter regularly and investing in an air purifier (provided by TemperaturePro) can be a great addition to your fight against allergens during the Spring season. Plus, it can extend the lifespan of your entire HVAC system! We even have additional products that allow you to see real-time indoor air quality health via live cloud-based dashboards. Ready to learn more? Contact your local TemperaturePro Experts today!
- Dust mites are microscopic creatures that thrive in warm and humid environments. They feed on dead skin cells and can be found in bedding, carpets, and upholstery. Dust mite allergies can lead to asthma symptoms and skin rashes.
- TemperaturePro Tip: With air purifying technology from TemperaturePro and our partner, AtmosAir, we can mitigate the amount of dust mites in your indoor air. We offer a wide array of different air purification systems, from portable air purifiers to purification systems mounted to your existing HVAC ducts.
- Mold spores are a year-round concern, but they tend to proliferate in damp conditions, which are more prevalent in spring. Mold allergies can cause respiratory issues, such as coughing, wheezing, and sinus congestion.
- TemperaturePro Tip: TemperaturePro offers many different solutions such as air purifiers that work in your existing HVAC system, as well as humidity control solutions to mitigate any growth of unwanted mold or mildew in your home or business. If you want an expert to help clear your home of unwanted mold spores in your air, call your local TemperaturePro today!
- While pet dander isn’t exclusive to spring, it can become more problematic as pets shed their winter coats. Allergic reactions to pet dander can range from sneezing and itchy eyes to more severe symptoms for those with severe allergies.
TemperaturePro Tip: With our strategic partnerships with leading Indoor Air Quality experts (such as AtmosAir), we can create a catered solution to fit your needs. Many of these solutions will optimize your indoor air quality, purify the air circulating in your home, and can be mounted or added directly to your system. This, paired with regular filter changes, sweeping, mopping, etc. can create a much less fur-filled environment in your home.
How HVAC Maintenance Helps Reduce Allergen Exposure
There are many things you can do to reduce your allergens in your home, such as changing the filter, adding an air purification system, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping…but we know you have enough on your plate. That’s why TemperaturePro has developed many different solutions that can be customized to fit your specific needs! Plus, we have developed membership programs that make it even easier to schedule HVAC maintenance, stay on top of your indoor air quality, and ensure your system is running in tip-top shape.
Our ProPlan Memberships are so much more than just HVAC maintenance. We developed these with the customer in mind to continuously improve the quality of life, and the quality of air.
Benefits of ProPlan Memberships:
- Increased System Lifespan
- Energy Efficiency
- Fewer Unexpected Breakdowns
- Less Equipment Downtime
- HUGE SAVINGS
Features of ProPlan Memberships:
- Discounts on Parts & Labor
- Priority Scheduling
- No Overtime Charges
- Flexible Billing Options
- Bi-Annual Maintenance Visits (with an Annual Maintenance Option available)
Ready to join the ProPlan Family? Learn More and Join here!
Regular Duct Cleaning With TemperaturePro
- Over time, your HVAC system’s ducts can accumulate dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold. When you turn on your HVAC system, these allergens can be circulated throughout your home, worsening allergy symptoms. Scheduling regular duct cleaning from TempraturePro Experts can help remove these allergen sources, ensuring cleaner indoor air. Plus, with our partnership and collaboration with leading industry experts, we offer products that can be combined with your current system to continuously improve and clean your ducts and reduce pollution in your home.
High-Efficiency Air Filters: How to Use, & When to Change
- Upgrading your HVAC system with high-efficiency air filters can significantly reduce the presence of allergens in your home. These filters trap smaller particles, including pollen, dust mites, and mold spores, preventing them from circulating in the air. TemperaturePro offers an array of filters that can fit your specific needs. Changing them at least on a monthly basis will help lower the spread of allergens in your indoor air. Most of our customers have success changing them on the 1st of the month; it’s an easy reminder that they can add to their routines.
Air Purifiers & Humidity Control – Perfect Pairing for Your Indoor Air Quality
- Air purifiers equipped with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters can be a valuable addition to your HVAC system. They can capture even smaller particles, ensuring that the air you breathe is as clean as possible. Air purifiers are especially effective in removing pet dander and airborne mold spores.
This, along with maintaining the right indoor humidity level, can deter dust mites and mold growth. A TemperaturePro HVAC system with a built-in dehumidifier can help keep humidity in check, making your home less hospitable to these allergens.
TemperaturePro Tip- We have partnered with leading indoor air quality experts AtmosAir to provide the best and newest innovative technology to keep your indoor air quality safe and clean.
- Together, we can provide many different in-duct air purification solutions that work with your current HVAC system. Your local TemperaturePro Experts will be able to provide specific solutions that perfectly fit your needs. These solutions from AtmosAir will “continually sanitize the air you breathe, providing a clean and healthy indoor environment”
- Want to monitor your indoor air quality health? We can assist you with IAQ Monitoring & Sensor Products. Real-time reporting allows you to be fully in control AND aware of any pollutants or odors in your air. TemperaturePro’s Techs can create a customized solution that fits your EXACT needs.
Need something smaller, but still strong? TemperaturePro and AtmosAir have a solution for that, too! For an extra layer of protection, we have portable air purifiers and replacement/additional components. This wide range of products constantly monitors and filters the air around you. Want to learn more about these solutions? Find your local TemperaturePro today!
Unique Indoor Air Quality Solutions with TemperaturePro: Matterhorn & AtmosAware
Direct from AtmosAir, and developed to better provide quality indoor air solutions to customers, the Matterhorn Series by AtmosAir provides healthier and cleaner indoor air to existing HVAC systems. This is an addition that your local TemepraturePro Experts can install and mount on your current unit to continuously improve indoor air quality. Benefits of the Matterhorn series:
- Mounts on existing HVAC system
- Only operates when air flow is present
- Keeps electrical use low
- Protects your air from pollutants & odors
Another great solution TemperaturePro offers is the AtmosAware Series. These products allow you to monitor your indoor air quality in real-time! These advanced products display current readings via a dashboard to measure temperature, humidity, pollutants in the air, and more. Benefits include:
- Continuous air quality monitoring and tracking
- Customizable settings
- Accurate and reliable readings
- Mounts to existing system
- Provides real-time data
These are just two examples of the cutting-edge HVAC technology that TemperaturePro provides for our customers. We are in the business of convenience, transparency, and professionalism in everything that we do. We strive to provide HVAC solutions that are convenient for our customers, working on their schedule, and fitting exactly into their lifestyle. With HVAC experts and professionals that are on our team, we create transparent and open communication for customers so they get exactly what they want, and never something they don’t need. Ready to take the leap in adding these solutions to your indoor air quality arsenal? Call your local TemperaturePro today and book a visit!
Trust the TemperaturePro Experts to Boost Indoor Air Quality
Springtime allergies can be a real nuisance, but by taking proactive steps to maintain your HVAC system, you can significantly improve indoor air quality and reduce exposure to common allergens like pollen, dust mites, mold, and pet dander. Regular duct cleaning, high-efficiency air filters, air purifiers, and humidity control are all effective measures to ensure a more allergy-friendly indoor environment. So, as you welcome the beauty of spring, make sure your home is equipped to keep the allergens at bay and provide you with a breath of fresh, clean air with your local TemperaturePro!